Wednesday, May 27, 2015

You Made My Day

Hello, friends! Mindy visiting with you this Wednesday morning. Here is my card for this weeks challenge, Red, White, and Blue, on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog.

The Inspiration Photo for this challenge is a bright and cheery one that brings back thoughts of picnics and fun family times in the back yard.  I hope you will be inspired to enter our challenge this week.


My card began with a background of watercolor paper that I spritzed with water, and then sprinkled on just a small bit of the new Pthalo Green Color Burst by Ken Oliver Crafts. A little bit of the extra fine powder goes a long way, so for your A2 size card, one tiny tap will give you plenty of color. I then spritzed again with more water to help give a very light color background. While this dried, I began cutting my die images for the card.

I cut most of my parts from white card stock, then used my Tim Holtz Distressed Markers to color them. The dies I used for my scene were Birdhouse Set and two of the Grass Border by Impression Obsession. The Garden Pots and Tiny Tulips are from Memory Box, and Madison Park Bench by Poppystamps. Several other loose bits sitting on my desk were used to fill in the flower pots, including some small lilies and flowers from Heartfelt Creations stamps. I also cut two pillow shapes to place on my bench for decoration. I used Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive to attach my dies to the card front. 

To complete my card, I added some teeny tiny Rhinestones for flower centers, along with some pico embellisher for accents and flower centers. The sentiment was from the Keep in Touch, Too stamp set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. 

I hope you enjoyed my card, and will join us for this week's challenge.


Click any of the links below to be taken to the products from the Classy Cards 'n Such shop. 

Thank you for stopping by!!! Until next time...





 

Pin It

No comments: