Friday, May 8, 2015

Not a Moment

It is Shirley posting, and I am here to show you a card I made using one of my very favorite color combo's.  I am a person who loves pink and adding it with black only makes it better. Pink and black just makes a classy looking card.

I use pink so much I can't believe that I have not earned the nick name "Pinkie".  I am thankful for that.  ~grin~ In all honestly, I have to say I use more black paper than any other color other than white.  I suppose that is because it is a neutral color and goes with anything.




My card was started with a white card base.  I added a layer of black card stock. I cut another layer of white and embossed it using the Darice Plaid Background embossing folder. I attached it to the other layer and then to my card. The next step was to use swag dies from my collection. I cut the first piece using black card stock. I cut a swag to layer over the top of it using Simple Stories Vintage Bliss paper. I adhered the two pieces together and attached it to the card.

I stamped the sentiment from the Sweet 'n Sassy God Is stamp set on to a piece of white card stock. I chose the Fancy Labels One Spellbinders die to cut the sentiment out.

Next I used a Spellbinders Scalloped Oval to layer behind my sentiment and adhered them together.  As my final touch to my card, I added some pink and black bling to each side of the sentiment.

I hope you liked the card  for today's post.  Please come back again soon.


There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Current Challenge tab on the right side of the blog for all the details.  Come and join the fun!

Thank you for stopping by!!! Until next time...






Pin It

1 comment:

irishgreensue said...

Love how you framed this with the floral oval, on top of the pink banner! Your whole card just pops with the black and white layers and the pink brings this especially meaningful to me quote into the center spotlight! Thanks for sharing its message!