Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Adirondack Bliss

Hi, it's Jenny here today, sharing a card I created for the Classy Cards Red, White and Blue Challenge. The inspiration photo is a bit more patriotic, but I was really inspired by the flower pots and Adirondack chair.


I started with a 5.5 card base and then cut the top layers a 1/4 inch smaller, so the framed layers would be 1/8 inch smaller on all sides. I cut the circles with Spellbinders circle dies.

Before gluing the layers together, I sponged Tumbled Glass Distress Ink on the center of the main card panel with a Mini Ink Blending Tool, and then cut clouds out of it using a die from my supplies. Classy Cards has a similar Memory Box Puffy Clouds die in stock. I added a bird from the Impression Obsession Sea Birds die set.

I sandwiched the Impression Obsession Grass Border die between the two top layers, and nestled the Garden Pots and Buckets cut from Kraft card stock in the grass. The small flowers are from another die in my supplies, and were molded with a tool and mat. The top layer is popped up higher with Joy Crafts Foam Pads for dimension.

Last I glued the red 'Happy Birthday' cut from the Impression Obsession Greeting die set.

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed my take on this week's Red, White and Blue Challenge!


Join the Classy Cards newsletter list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thank you for stopping by today!!! Until next time...










Pin It

No comments: