Thursday, May 14, 2015

Poppy Sympathy

Hello, Diana here today! There are two types of cards that are hard for me - sympathy cards and masculine cards.

When I saw the Memory Box Row of Poppies, I thought it would make a perfect sympathy card.


I started with a stitched rectangle die cut from MFT Blueprints 13. I used the Memory Box Textured Mesh stencil, and sponged some Broken China over just a small section of the layer.

Next was to die-cut the Row of Poppies out of watercolor paper, and use markers to color them.

Adding a PoppyStamps Delaney Butterfly cut from gold SB Precious Metals Craft Foil.

Last, I added a double bow made with the Bow-Easy, and added a sympathy tag using ODBD Mini Tag Sentiments and Dies as well as a gold cross.


The card was still a little flat to me, so I die cut and colored some of the poppies and popped up three of the blooms with small Joy! Foam Pads.  A little dimension can go a long way! 


If you are unable to find an item in the store, or would like something special ordered, please email me at beverly@classycardsnsuch.com.

Thank you for stopping by!!! Until next time...









Pin It

No comments: