Monday, May 25, 2015

Down By The Sea

It is Shirley posting today!  I am going to share a card with you that I made for the Red, White and Blue challenge this week.


I started off using the Graphic 45 By The Sea paper pad. I cut a banner and layered my image. I always like tilting an image. On the side I used a onion bag for the fish net.  You will see some seaweed (moss) added to the card along with some gauze from the first aid kit, that I used to decorate the card.

I used Impression Obsession Mini Nautical die set to cut the lighthouse, anchor, sea horse, fish and the wheel. The star fish and shells were cut with the Impression Obsession Mini Shell die set.  I used Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive to attach these embellishments to the card.

I added ribbon at the bottom of the card with the gold anchors. I added gold stars to dress the card up a little. I had this little bottle and no sand. I added some spices to it so it would look like it had sand in it. 

Thank you for looking at my card.


Join the Classy Cards newsletter list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thank you for stopping by!!! Until next time...








Pin It

3 comments:

Dorothy S said...

I like this a lot! Not sure I can pinpoint a reason - maybe I could call it a muted look?

Kathy Bradley said...

Your card is gorgeous! All the little details add perfection. I love this set of G45 papers.

irishgreensue said...

Loved seeing this gorgeous masculine card - the Graphic 45 paper is amazing and just goes so nicely with all the dies you had at your disposal - love how the netting and spanish moss give it such a nautical look!!