Friday, May 1, 2015

Umbrella Blessings

Hello, it is Shirley today! The weather we have had lately has been rainy so we have had  need to carry  an umbrella.  When I titled my card, I was thinking about how carrying a umbrella actually is a blessing. The state of California is really needing rain and what a blessing it would be if they had rain.  Here is the card I have for you today, this is the flowers after the rain.


I started my using a pink card base. I had this paper in my stash and it was one of those you just hate to cut.You cannot tell it by the picture, but the flowers are embossed. I used the Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B  to cut the flower paper for the next layer. I used the Impression Obsession Rectangles 6-in-1 Frame die to cut the pink frame.

I used the same pink paper to cut the Impression Obsession Country Fence. I sponged it with a light coral ink to give it more of the background color of the floral paper.

I used some lavender paper to cut the umbrella using the Spellbinders Umbrella Trio. I sponged it with a plum colored ink. I used the same paper to cut the Memory Box Rhone Butterfly Wings.

The sentiment I used is Our Daily Bread Ornate Frame Sentiments. The tag was cut using the Spellbinders Fancy Label Tags One. These tags are my favorite because most of the tag dies I have are much too large to use on a card. This one is always the perfect size. (This set comes with 3 dies).

I used Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive to attach my pieces to my card. As my finishing touch to my card, I embellished with Silver Rhinestones which have assorted sizes.

I appreciate your taking a look at my card today. 


There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Current Challenge tab on the right side of the blog for all the details.  Come and join the fun!

Thank you for stopping by!!! Until next time...







Pin It

2 comments:

Dorothy S said...

This is a stunning card - I really like how all the elements subtly blend together.

irishgreensue said...

Awesome card - love the PAPER, especially, the way that you added the fence, the umbrella and that lovely sentiment - I love "Blessings"!