Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pearly Stencil Thanks

Hi, it's Holly posting today!  I played with the new stencils and Pearlescent Embossing Paste and came up with this card to share with you.





Look at the background - isn't that fun?  I laid the Cathedral Windows, large brass stencil over a piece of black cardstock and then spread Pearlescent Embossing Paste over the stencil with the Palette Knife.  Once all the holes were filled in with the paste, I used the Palette Knife to carefully drag off the excess paste and returned it to the jar.  

I carefully peeled the black cardstock away from the brass stencil, laid the black cardstock down on my table, and immediately washed the stencil and the Palette Knife.  I let the stenciled piece dry overnight.

The next day, I pulled out the Sweet William Strip  die by (Cheery Lynn Designs), and cut out the flower petals several times.  I glued together three layers of petals, three times, to make three complete flowers and set them aside. I cut out the leaves from the Flourish Leaf Strip die by (Cheery Lynn Designs) from different colors of green cardstock.  I then cut some of the pieces apart and glued them behind the flowers in a fun mix 'n match fashion.

I arranged the flowers at the bottom of my stenciled piece and glued them down.  Then I fluffed up the petals with my fingers, and I affixed Snowflake Pearls to the centers.

The sentiment, from the Picking Wildflowers (Flourishes), was stamped on white cardstock, and then trimmed the edges with scissors.  I affixed the sentiment to the stenciled piece with some Joy! Foam Pads, large, and then I glued the entire black piece to a white card base.

I love the gorgeous pearl shine and the texture from the embossing paste.  It adds an extra depth to this card that you just can't get from patterned paper or background stamps.


Your card is so pretty for the year round! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products Holly used.

These stencils and pastes are so fun to play with!   Try them out and see!!


Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

   
Pin It

No comments: