Thursday, December 19, 2013

Blue Holiday Tree

Hi, it's Holly posting today!

I've got a clean and simple Christmas card to share with you, and this one can be easily mailed with just one first class stamp.




I pulled out the gorgeous Tradition 6" x 6" Christmas paper pad by Authentique, and played around with the papers until I found the three that looked best together.

I adhered the solid red paper to a vanilla card base and then I cut the blue/red/cream paper so it would be vertical. I layered that with some vanilla cardstock and adhered it to the left side of my card.

Next, I cut the red plaid paper and layered it with vanilla cardstock and adhered it to my card.

The largest of the Fir Trees by Impression Obsession, was cut with the blue paper, also in the Tradition 6" x 6" Christmas paper pad. I adhered it to the red plaid paper.

The sentiment, from the Christmas Sentiments stamp set, (Impression Obsession), was stamped with black ink onto some vanilla cardstock.  I then used scissors to cut the notches out on both sides of the banner. I adhered it to my card, sliding the top edge just under the bottom branches of the blue tree.

The last thing I did was pull out the Decorative Corners die from Joy Crafts, and cut it out with vanilla cardstock. When you cut with this die, you get two "shapes."  One is the mostly solid corner piece and then there is a decorative little cutout from that corner piece. I used two of those sweet little decorative cutouts and glued them down in the corners of the red paper.

This card would be easy to make if you needed to make 20 or more cards for your Christmas stash. This card can be used for anyone, male or female! I love the fact that it is flat so it so it will only need a first class postage stamp.

Have fun shopping at Classy Cards 'n Such for great selections of supplies. Check out the clearance section for some great deals!

Your card is so pretty for the holiday! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase the products used.

There are lots more new products in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop over the past week or so!   Be sure to check them all out here.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

 

Pin It

No comments: