Sunday, December 15, 2013

Corner Garden Beauty

Hello Friends! It's Diane, glad to be with you here on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog today.

Can I say I LOVE a new product Classy Cards 'n Such is carrying in the shop? I can? Good, because I LOVE these new stencils Beverly has added.
  

The one I am showing you today is called Corner Flowers. It is a larger stencil, making a larger card, so soft and pretty. I just have to give you a small tutorial of how I created it!!

I started with one of my new, all time favorite papers Champaign Neenah Pearlized Metallic. I use this paper a lot, as it is gorgeous and a wonderful quality!

I cut a piece of watercolor paper slightly larger then the Corner Flowers brass stencil, and ran it through my Cuttlebug using the normal stacking sequence you would use to emboss a Spellbinders die.You will want to tape your die to the paper with removable tape before running it through your machine, and leave the tape on after embossing.

I am using the watercolor paper for two reasons.  One, it is a bit thicker then an ordinary paper, giving a nice deep impression, and two, it will allow me to color on it very easily.

To color the flowers, while the stencil is still taped to the paper, use "Perfect Medium" and pounce it over your entire stencil, until you can tell it is all covered. Perfect Medium is the pad, somewhat like Versamark that comes with your Perfect Pearls.

Carefully remove your tape from your stencil and lift the stencil off your paper (you don't want to bend your stencil or smear your paper).

Now, here is the fun part. With a small paint brush, just dip your brush into Perfect Pearls ( you just need a little bit) and start painting your colors on.  After all the flowers are painted, take a larger, soft brush, and brush all the excess perfect pearls off onto a scrap piece of paper. I then just slightly heat set the colors with my heat gun.   Wow, isn't it pretty?

Trim the extra off your finished piece, and slightly pop it up with Joy! Foam Pads, Large.

I stamped a beautiful sentiment from JustRite's Poppies Label Twenty Nine. Using a Spellbinders die set called  Decorative Labels Eight, I centered it over the sentiment and cut. I lightly sponged ink around the edge of the label, attached it to my card with Joy! Foam Pads Small.

To finish off my card I added a small amount of bling, using Amber Rhinestones.

I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial today.  There are other stencils in the shop and more coming.
I will be back, with yet another technique using the stencils, later in the month!


What a beautiful card! Thanks Diane!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

Check out all the new items added to the shop here.

We are making room at the store, so be sure to check out the clearance items here. 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

  

Pin It

No comments: