Monday, December 16, 2013

Holiday Wreath

Hi folks, it's Holly posting today!

I think it's time for a Christmas card with traditional red and green colors on it, isn't it?  I decided to make a wreath for my red and green card today.




This was really fun to make!  I started with a red card base and added a layer of white cardstock.  I then cut the green patterned paper layer from the French Country 6" x 6" paper pad by Graphic 45, and adhered it to the white layer on the card. Yes, you can use non-Christmas papers for a Christmas card! This green was the perfect color so why not?  

I then cut the Mesh Border from red cardstock and added it to my card. Then I got busy cutting out a bunch of greenery from the Wreath Strip, as well as the Happy Holidays from red cardstock. All three dies are from Cheery Lynn Designs, which work perfectly together.

I first tested the Happy Holidays sentiment die, to see if it would fit on my card.  It cuts out with some leaves on the side of the "H" and that made my sentiment just a tad bit too long.  So I used some scissors to cut the leaves off and tried it again.  The sentiment fit perfectly on my white paper, so I glued it down at the bottom.

Next, I separated the greenery from the Wreath Strip die. There are two different sizes, so after I sorted them, I glued down the larger pieces down in a circle shape above my sentiment. I then went back in and glued the smaller Wreath Strip pieces onto the wreath, tucking them in underneath the pieces that were already glued down.

Once I got all my pieces glued down, I adhered the white piece to my card. For a final touch, I applied the rich and gorgeous Cranberry Pearls for the perfect accent to finish the wreath!


Your card is so festive! Thanks Holly! 

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase the products used.

There are lots of new products in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop over the past week or so!   Be sure to check them all out here.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...


Pin It

No comments: