Monday, January 19, 2015

Winter Shaker Card

Hi, it's Diana again with another shaker card!  I just love making them and I think they are fun to receive too!



Today I am added a shaker element to my fishtail banner. The layers are made by die-cutting MFT Blueprint 13 from white card stock. With the background layer, I made a snowflake background using Dreamweaver's Regular embossing paste and Memory Box Winter Tiny Snowflakes stencil.

Setting that aside to dry, I started working on my shaker element. First, I centered the new release from PoppyStamps Serendipity Bird Frame on my banner. I then used the same die on Spellbinders Precious Metals Craft Foil, once on silver foil and again on red foil.

Before adhering my layers together, I traced the oval opening onto some fun foam to make room for my beads. I cut 1/8" Scor-Tape to adhere my layers. White cut out banner, clear acetate, and then fun foam. I wrapped some silver floss around my banner before I placed my beads where the opening would be. Using more 1/8" Scor-Tape to adhere my layered banner onto my snowflake embossed background. 


I then glued on my silver branched frame and popped up the red birds onto the acetate with small Joy! foam pads. Finally, I tied a knot to my silver floss, added a little tag featuring a sentiment from ODBD Mini Tag Sentiments and Die set embossed with Silver Detail embossing powder.

Thank you so much for looking, and I hope you will find some time to play along with our Winter Birds #68 challenge, here at Classy Cards 'n Such! 


Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the Challenge Calendar label, located on the right side of the page. We would love to have you share your creative ideas! Invite your friends to play along! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such prize winner!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






 
Pin It

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love shaker cards and this is one of the loveliest I've seen! Gorgeous design! Thank you for the inspiration. :o) Have a wonderful night!

Hugs and blessings,
Karen