Thursday, January 8, 2015

Warmest Greetings

Hello Classy Friends! Diane here with you today. The holidays are once again behind us. They seem to arrive before we know it and leave the same way.

But, Mr Winter just arrived on December 21st and he is going to stick around for awhile! If you live in a warmer part of the country, count your blessings, as it is bitter cold here!


Our challenge this week is teal and snowflakes. I decided to go with a "nine patch" card, cutting 9 squares, each 1 1/2", distressing each edge, then inking with Tim Holtz Broken China.

The papers I used for my squares are from the gorgeous
Wild Rose Studio Frosted Lace paper pack. Each square was adhered down with Scor-Tape 1/4".


I cut snowflakes using the Impression Obsession Small Snowflake die set, using Pearlized Esse White Metallic paper. Each snowflake was adorned with Baby Pearls White. I created my rose using Spellbinders Spiral Blossom One. 

The leaf is a PoppyStamps Gentle Leaf and the sentiment is from an older set of Flourish stamps in my stash!  I also used Impression Obsession Heart Stems and Cheery Lynn Designs Wreath Strip.

I think this will be a nice card to send someone to cheer them up on a cold winters day, what do you think?


If you would like to view the challenge for the week and the rules, click on the Current Challenge label, located on the right side of the page.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





 

Pin It

1 comment:

joy said...

This is a beautiful card! I love all the dimension. The little heart embellishment behind the flower is the perfect touch!