Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Thanks Bee

Hello, it's Jenny today!  Thanks for joining me today as I share my new Classy Cards 'n Such inspiration card.  I hope you got a chance to see the new photo for the current challenge.  It's beautiful, and the bees gave me the perfect opportunity to use my Memory Box Open Studio die set.


I started this card by cutting the honeycomb and bee in black with the Memory Box Busy as a Bee die.  Then I looked though my designer papers and realized I don't have much that is purple. I thought this paper with the insects would compliment purple flowers.

I cut the Memory Box Honey Blossom Sprig flower twice. I colored the first die cut, glued it and then cut only the flower heads from the second flowers. The second flowers were cut with another designer paper from my stash. The flower heads are popped up with Joy Large Foam Pads, and I glued White Pearls to the centers.

The composition needed something more, so I found this Impression Obsession Rectangle 6 in 1 Frame in my scraps bucket, popped it up with Joy Foam Pads also, and then cut the Thanks word from another stash die.  The thanks word font matches the font in the Impression Obsession Greeting Set currently in stock. It was cut with a creamy yellow card stock that matched the bee backing paper.

To finish, I layered the designer paper on white card stock, that I colored with distress inks, and then onto a base of Kraft card stock before adhering it to an A2 card.

Thanks for visiting! We hope you will join us this week for our challenge, and submit your paper crafting project! There is always a nice prize to win!


Join the Classy Cards newsletter list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thank you for stopping by!!! Until next time...




Pin It

No comments: