Monday, June 8, 2015

Rustic Wedding

Hello, Diana here this afternoon. When I saw the inspiration photo for this week's CCNS challenge, I immediately thought of the rustic weddings that seem to be growing in popularity.  Who knew that a barn could make for a lovely backdrop to weddings?  I love how creative people can be!  I'm not so bold but I can attempt it on cards if not in real life. ;)

I started with a scrap sheet of woodgrain paper I found and though it didn't turn out quite how I pictured it, I think I got the rustic feel of it!  What do you think?

Diana Nguyen, Our Daily Bread Designs, Sue Wilson, Seville, Wedding, card, rustic 

The woodgrain paper is adhered to a darker brown card stock for contrast. I also popped up the Sue Wilson Spanish Collection - Seville Die on the same dark brown.

So that the card would not be so stark, I sponged all the edges of my layers, as well as Memory Box Fresh Foliage clippings with Tea Dye to age it a bit.

My Scripture is from ODBD Love One Another, stamped in black pigment ink and then Clear Detail embossing powder.

Finally, I hot glued some Kaisercraft Terra-cotta Mini Paper Blooms to frame my verse. 


You're invited to Classy Cards 'n Such to see all the amazing products available.

Thank you for stopping by!!! Until next time...







  


Pin It

No comments: