Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Vintage Christmas

Hello! It's Gracie today, welcoming you to a new post for Classy Cards 'n Such challenge: Christmas Die Cuts. I absolutely love to work with dies, and Christmas dies in particular are often so pretty and dainty.That means this challenge was so much fun to me!

I went ahead and created my Christmas card in vintage style. To make it, first I die cut all the decorative elements with PoppyStamps dies. Starting with a Mini Madison Window, I cut from light brown card stock. Then I die cut four Small Blooming Poinsettias from red card stock. I made two poinsettias, each of them layered twice, to make them look fuller. I also die cut a Pine Garland from pearlized and embossed olive green paper.


I made a small tag with the help of A2 Matting Basics A (third die). I dry embossed it with a Cuttlebug folder. I used a technique called Colored Dry Embossing. I basically used a blender marker from Spectrum Noir to lift and apply Chromium Oxide Green from PanPastels Flower Coloring Kit-Landscape starter set. I love PanPastels, and I love this technique, it's easy and it gives a nice touch to your dry embossing. I also added a bit of Inka Gold - Yellow Gold, very roughly, to the dry embossing. I punched a hole to the tag and decorated it with a little hole protector I cut with a die and a paper chord bow.

I added the die cut elements to the tag, but first I embellished the bottom of the tag with a piece of red ribbon and a mini bow. Before adding the Mini Madison Window, I adhered the image of a little girl as it's background. I decorated the window with the Small Blooming Poinsettias and the Pine Garland. The poinsettias and the garland were also roughly painted with Inka Gold - Yellow Gold. Finally I embellished the poinsettias with Baby Pearls - LeCreme.


I used A2 Matting Basics A to create my card base. I layered the front of the card with Spellbinders Diamond Effects' largest frame. I added a piece of gold ribbon vertically to this layer. Next, I mounted the embellished tag on a coordinating smaller frame and added it to the center of the card.

I hope you like my Vintage Christmas card, and that I have inspired you to join our challenge this week!

If you'd like to check out the supplies I used to make my card, please click on the links below, or click here to be directed to the Classy Cards 'n Such store. If you do purchase some crafty goodies, remember to use my code Gracie-10 during checkout to get 10% off your entire order.

Thanks so much for visiting today!

  
We appreciate your sharing our cards and ideas on Facebook, Pinterest, Goggle+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found. The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






  
Pin It

No comments: