Thursday, September 11, 2014

Lily and Bokeh

Hello, it's Diana today! Since I recently discovered a new use for my circle punches, I've been playing with different ways to get the Bokeh effect. Bokeh is the aesthetic quality of the blur produced in the out-of-focus parts of an image produced by a lens, according to Wikipedia.

The challenge this week to use Dots, Stripes and Chevrons, was perfect for testing out a new on-the-fly method.


I made my own stencil using acetate, (you can use the backing that comes with stamp sets or Spellbinders packaging), by punching holes of various sizes.

I then used Dreamweaver's White Embossing Paste to make my first set of dots. After cutting out a large circle, I sponged the edges using Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers and Shaded Lilac.

For my next layer, I clear embossed some circles and sponged Broken China over my circle. Finally, I used my sponge daubers to add Versamark - Cloud White. (So basically, I grabbed what was white or clear around my craft area and used it all!)


My lily is from MFT Lily Die-namics and popped up using the Joy! Small Foam Pads.

To keep the soft look of the card, I embossed on Vellum my sentiment from ODBD Ornate Frame Sentiments, added Baby Pearls, and corner punched the bottom corners of the card.

Thanks for looking at my card today!


Classy Cards 'n Such online store has added new products. Click here to find all the new items that have been added!

We appreciate your sharing our cards and ideas on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found. The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time... 











Pin It

2 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love the lily and the different sizes of circles.