Monday, September 8, 2014

Poppy Passion

Hi, it's Jenny posting today!  For this challenge I was inspired by the colors and patterns in the inspiration photo.

I love this JustRite Poppies Labels Twenty-nine stamp, and instead of the usual red I thought I'd try coloring it with more orange-toned Copics.


I stamped the image with black Memento ink, and cut around the flowers, that would fall outside of the Spellbinders Small Oval die perimeter.  I cut the image with the oval die, making sure to leave out all the flowers and leaves that fell beyond the perimeter out of the circle while I rolled it through my Big Shot.

Once it was cut, I colored the image and glued it down on top of a larger white Spellbinders Oval.  The ovals were popped up using Joy! Foam Pads.

The corner dies were from the Joy! Frame and Three Corners die set.

The Just Because sentiment (I love that cursive font) is from the JustRite Floral Vintage Labels Two stamp set.

To finish I added a little glitz by dotting a Gold Viva Decor Pen in the centers of the poppies.  The shine is so pretty and the gold pen created little raised dots, perfect for a little something extra on a card. 

Thanks for visiting and I can't wait to see your challenge cards.  Come join us this week!



Click on the Weekly Deals label found in the right hand column of the blog. You'll love the special sales!

Classy Cards 'n Such online store has added new products. Click here to find all the new items that have been added!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...










Pin It

1 comment:

wannabcre8tive said...

Mindy, your card is very pretty. I love the pink flowers and lovely bow.