Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Thanks To The Lord

Hello, there, it's Diana today!  I am still loving my Impression Obsession Small Leaf Set! For this week's challenge to add warm and fall colors to our Plaid.


I started by embossing my background with a plaid design. You could use the Darice Plaid Background embossing folder. To color my Small Leaf Set, I used watercolor paper and did a color wash on them with some fall colors.

After it was dried, I swiped Tim Holtz Antiqued Bronze Distressed Stain over my dried paper, to give the leaves a little extra shimmer. Then I die cut them several times with my Small Leaf Set and used some Joy! Small Foam Pads to pop up a few leaves. 

Finally, I embossed my sentiment in Black Detail embossing powder. I used Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A to cut out my verse, from ODBD Cherry Blossom stamp set. I left it in the die to sponge around the corners to define the edges to my embossed panel which is also popped up.

I hope you get to play in the challenge this week!


We appreciate your sharing our cards and ideas on Facebok, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found. The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






 

Pin It

1 comment:

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love this! Gorgeous leaves and fabulous embossed plaid background! Beautiful scripture. Very elegant!