Monday, September 8, 2014

Daisy Grace

Our card challenge theme for this week is Stripes, Dots, and Chevrons at Classy Cards 'n Such.

Greetings friends! Mindy here to share with you my use of dots and stripes.


I started with a sheet of Nude Curious Metallic card stock cut to 4 X 5.25 inches. I then embossed the top third of the card stock with the Dots embossing folder by Crafts Too! and the bottom half with the Stripe embossing folder by Darice.  I then took the Crowned Medallion border strip embossing folder by Anna Griffin, and embossed it between the Dots and Stripes. I then mounted this background on an A2 size greeting card base.


The next step was to stamp the single daisy stamp from the Daisies stamp set by Stacy Stamps. I also stamped the sentiment from the Iris stamp set by Our Daily Bread Designs. I colored the flowers with Copic markers then fussy cut them with my scissors.

I then die-cut around the sentiment with Labels Twenty Six Dies by Spellbinders and a border in a slightly larger die. Most Spellbinder's dies are "Special Order Items", and can be custom ordered from the Classy Cards 'n Such online store if they aren't in stock.

I also cut the leaf and stem set from Joyful Bouquet die from Memory Box, to add just before tying the bow from colored bias binding.

The sentiment was then attached with Joy! Foam Pads to the label die to give it depth and dimension.

I hope you are inspired by my fellow Design Team members to create a card this week for our challenge.


If you would like to view the challenge for the week and the rules, click on the Current Challenge label, located on the right side of the page.

Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the Challenge Calendar tab, located on the right side of the page. We would love to have you share your creative ideas! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such prize winner!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...








Pin It

No comments: