Monday, November 30, 2015

White Christmas Shaker Card

Has it started snowing where you are yet? Diana here today.  We've yet to see flurries but this year I'm a little more eager than usual. We got a new puppy - a Samoyed - and I know he will just love the snow. So between my sleepless nights with a two month old pup and this week's inspiration photo, I made a shaker card with glass glitter for snow.




I used PoppyStamps Grand Madison Window for my shaker front. The tree is done by clear embossing the stamped image on white card stock and then sponging Broken China and Chipped Sapphire for the nighttime sky. I also masked off a moon and added white stars with a white gel pen. To keep the glitter inside the two layers, I used clear cardstock, 1/8 Scor-tape, and foam tape.

I then adhered the window to a layer of kraft card stock cut down to size with Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A. I couldn't help but add a touch of red using the PoppyStamps Small Blooming Poinsettia against a silver spray of Memory Box Bamboo Shoots. The sentiment is from Sweet 'n Sassy Christmas Joy.

Stay warm!


We've made it easy for you to find our future challenges!  Click  on the Challenge Calendar tab on the right side of the blog. All of the challenges are listed for the rest of the 2015 year!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...





Pin It

No comments: