Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Thankful

Welcome friends! Mindy here, with my sample card for this weeks card challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such.  This week's theme is #109 Gobble-Gobble, because Thanksgiving is just around the corner. There are many things I am thankful for, especially the many followers of our blog and newsletter.



I started today's card with an embossing folder that is NEW at the Classy Cards store. It is the Braided Vines embossing folder by Sue Wilson, and is one of the larger sized folders, 8.5" X 12". The only problem I had was my machine is one of the smaller models and the folder was too big to fit. I am planning to get a new machine soon with the larger plate, so I decided to use the folder in a different way. I opened it and applied my ink on the raised side, then stamped the image on my background stock. I then inked around the edge before adhering to my card base.

I then die cut a stitched oval and used Joy! Small Foam pads to adhere it to my card.

I then cut two Classic Tom Turkeys, from Memory Box, and a handful of leaves from the Small Leaf Set by Impression Obsession.  I colored the small leaves with many colors from the Complete set of Earth Tone Color Bursts from Ken Oliver Crafts, on watercolor paper, then adhered them with Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive.

The sentiment used was from the I Am Thankful stamp set from Impression Obsession, and I added a few hand-cut sequins from the Sequins Die-namics die from My Favorite Things.

I hope you have enjoyed my card, and will join us for our challenge this week. 


You're invited to Classy Cards 'n Such to see all the amazing products available. 

Join the Classy Cards blog email list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...



Pin It

No comments: