Saturday, June 21, 2014

Hello Daisy

Hi folks, it's Holly posting today.  I have been playing with some of the new stencils and stamps, and I was in the mood to mix the two together.  This sweet daisy card turned out better than I imagined!


I started by stamping the daisy and the sentiment from the Hello Daisy stamp set, by JustRite, onto white cardstock.  I then stamped it again onto some post-it notes and cut them out to make a mask.  I placed the cut-out post-it notes over the stamped daisy to cover it while I sponged over the white cardstock with the Texture Mini Dots stencil and the Peacock Feathers distress ink.  I carefully removed the stencil and then removed the post-it notes.  The daisy and the leaf were colored with Copic markers, and then I adhered this piece to a black card base.

I wanted a bit of shine on my daisy, so I covered the center of the daisy using the shimmery Clear Glitter Pen - Wink of Stella.  You can see the shimmer below!


I needed something to go across the top of the card, so I pulled out my Chalk White seam binding.  I decided to color it yellow to match the center of the daisy.  I smooshed my Squeezed Lemonade distress ink onto my nonstick craft mat, added a teensy bit of orange from my Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink Marker, and mixed them together before dragging my Chalk White seam binding through the puddle of ink.  I crushed up the ribbon in my hands and then set it aside to dry.  Once it was dry, I tied it across the top of the card.


Your card is quite lovely! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the product photos below for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Holly's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!

The icons below my signature make it easy to share. 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

 



  

Pin It

No comments: