Friday, June 20, 2014

DESIGN TEAM CALL!!! In My Garden

It's time for a Classy Cards Design Team call!!! 

You can see the details here

 Please be sure to apply if you are interested!!!

 
Hello Classy Friends! Diane here with you today, and do I ever have something pretty to show you!


I remembered a technique I did a year or so ago
where you stamp an image on Heavy Weight Vellum Card Stock using Versamark ink then emboss with a White Fine Detail Embossing Powder.

Once you have heat set your embossing powder, then you can start coloring with a few shades of ink, starting with your lightest shade and adding darker for a contrast.  The color is applied with a Q-tip....wiping your image with a paper towel as you color (this step just takes the ink off the embossing only).

The image I chose is a new "in store" stamp by Stacey Stamps called Roses I used only two colors of inks on my image, as I wanted a soft look.

The sentiment is one I love, being a gardener myself. It is a B-line Designs stamp called My Garden of Flowers.
I finished off my card with a pretty sheer bow and a gorgeous Heart Ribbon Slide and added a few Silver Rhinestones at the bottom!

I hope you will give this technique a try as it is so fun.  Be sure to sign up for the Classy Cards 'n Such newsletter and you will receive a one time 20% off your order. Plus will get weekly specials delivered right to your email! Don't forget we have a weekly challenge each week, why not join in with us!


Your card turned out so beautiful! Thanks Diane!

Click any of the product photos below for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Diane's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found! 

The icons below my signature make it easy to share. 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time... 

 







Pin It

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous card!! The flowers look amazing!! I love the beautiful sentiment!!

Debbie Adams said...

What a beautiful card. Love the colors you used so soft and full of summer. :D
Deborah