Saturday, May 10, 2014

Turquoise Butterflies

Hi Classy friends!  It's Holly posting today, and I've got a bright and happy card to share with y'all.


I was in the mood for a fun and whimsical card, so I pulled out some papers from the Prairie Chic 6x6 pad and paired them with some of the washi tapes in the store.  I cut the papers into small strips, and I started by adhering one strip at a diagonal on some Kraft cardstock.  Next, I applied a line of Polka Dot Green trendy tape above the strip of paper.  I followed that up with a strip of the yellow gingham paper, a strip of Polka Dot Pink trendy tape, and finally another strip of paper.  I alternated the lengths of each strip to add to the whimsy of my card. 

I stamped the sentiment from the Celebrate sentiment from Stampavie, in the bottom right corner.

I added a flock of fun turquoise butterflies cut from the Butterfly Delights.  This kraft piece was layered onto a naturals white card base.

I opted to keep this card flat so I can pop this in the mail. If you were to make this card, you could certainly add some pearls or rhinestones to the centers of the butterflies.  I love the look of the butterflies going in all different directions.  It puts a smile on my face to imagine all those butterflies fluttering around me.


Your card is so cute and quick to make too! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Holly's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

     Pin It