Sunday, May 11, 2014

Antique Tulips

Hi, it's Misti, to share a card with you today.

One of my boys ran into the house this afternoon, so excited about the yellow flowers he had seen.  "Come quick, Mom" he said, as if he was afraid they would be gone when we got back out there.

I followed him out the door and noticed he could barely contain his grins.  I was running outside to see... dandelions!  After the winter we've had, I was ready to see signs of spring, even if it meant seeing dandelions! I used the yellow as inspiration for my card today, a much prettier spring flower in my opinion!



I started my card with a stencil from Memory Box.  I've just started using stencils and ordered a background stencil hoping it would be an easy one to start with. This one is called Texture Tessatina.  I used a sponge and a yellow dye ink pad.  It was so easy to use, it covered really well and cleaned up very easily.   I know that more stencils will be on my next order.

I pulled out the Key to My Heart 12 x 12 paper and used the script background page.  After playing with it a little bit, I decided I liked the stencil background showing the most and just a little of the script paper.

I used the vase of tulips from Tulips for Friends by Flourishes as my main image.  I colored it with a yellow marker to match the stenciled background, Peeled Paint and Antique Linen Distress Ink markers with the Detailed Water Brush. I added Black Pearls on opposite corners to finish this off.

If you haven't tried any of the stencils yet, I hope this motivates you to give them a try.  There is a nice selection of stencils in the Classy Cards 'n Such store.


Your card is great for many celebrations! Thanks Misti!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Misti's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

      Pin It

No comments: