Sunday, May 4, 2014

Stained Mesh Bouquet

Hi again, it's Holly posting today!

I pulled out some supplies and spent a day experimenting with various things, and this card is the result of some of those experiments.  



When I started experimenting, I laid the Texture Mesh stencil down on white cardstock and then I started pouncing the three distress stains all over the stencil.  I carefully lifted the stencil off and cleaned it, and I set the paper aside to dry completely.

The Zinnia Bouquet die was cut from white cardstock and I used the Lemonade and Mowed Lawn Tim Holtz Distress Stains to color the flowers and the leaves.  This worked like a charm!  I'm definitely going to do this again with my fine line die cuts!  While these flowers were drying, I cut out the Zinnia Bouquet Background flower pieces from dark brown cardstock.
  
As soon as the flowers were dry, I glued the brown background pieces to each flower, then I covered the flowers with glue and Crystal Ice glitter.  Love the subtle shine and shimmer!  The flowers were glued to my mesh stencil background at a slight angle.

Next, I cut off a length of the Seam Binding, sprayed it with a little water, and then pounced all over it with the Squeezed Lemonade distress stain.  The ribbon was crumpled up in my hands and I set it aside to dry completely.

Meanwhile, I stamped the sentiment from the With Love stamp set, and cut it out with an oval die.  Once the ribbon was dry, I wrapped it around the bottom of the background piece and tied it with a bow.  The sentiment was adhered over the ribbon with the Joy Foam Pads.

This was a FUN experiment!  I have many other colors of Distress Ink Stains, and I am curious to see how the different colors will look with the stencils.  It was also a happy surprise to find out that the stains are AWESOME for coloring really fine die cuts like I've used here.  Simply pounce the color on and wait for it to dry.  No tugging or pulling or worrying about breaking the die cut.



A lovely card for a special person! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Holly's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

     
Pin It

No comments: