Saturday, May 3, 2014

In My Garden

Hello, it's Debbie today!

I love this weeks Garden Party challenge. I tend to get a little carried away in the spring, filling in blank spaces in the  gardens that surround my home. With that in mind, you'll see I did get carried away with my card for this week.


For my cards, I use a 110# cardstock. It is quite sturdy and holds up well when adding multiple layers. All the flowers were shaped by using a stylus from the Susan's Garden Tool Kit. I used two adhesives, one being the Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive and the other used are the large Joy! Foam Pads. The foam pads were used under the front set of grass and under the die cut sentiment.

I started out with white cardstock for the Victorian Picket Fence by Cheery Lynn Designs. I wanted a shorter height to the fence, so I cut the lower cross section off.

The Tiny Tulips from Memory Box are so cute. I used various colors of cardstock so I could plant a tulip in front of each post along the fence. 

I used two dies by Impression Obsession for the grasses in front of the Victorian Picket Fence. The layer in the front is the Small Grass Border. The next layer inside, is the Grass Border.

I die cut small flowers from the Flower Mound by Memory Box, in the same colors as the tulips. The flowers were adhered to the inner layer of grass.

To add some height to my garden scene, I used the Hollyhocks die cut set by Impression Obsession. I shaped them with a stylus, to make them seem crinkled. For the center of the flowers, I added pearls that I had in my supplies. You can get all different colors and sizes of pearls here in the Classy Cards 'n Such.

The sentiment and stamped circle image are both from the Hugs and Kisses Sentiments stamp set by JustRite. This set has so many neat sentiments and flourishes, it's just perfect. An added bonus is the stamped circle fits perfectly using the inner ring circle die from the Joy! Crafts Butterfly Circle, and the butterflies are also from this set.

I used the Hydrangea Set from Impression Obsessions for the small yellow flowers that surround my stamped sentiment. I used a 5/8" circle punch, and glued both sizes of the flowers to the circle, to make it look nice and full. 

The greenery around the circle was created using the Leafy Sprig Border by Poppystamps. I cut sections apart and randomly adhered around the sentiment circle.

I enjoyed making this card and thank you for letting me share my Garden Party challenge with you. I invite all our readers and fans to join our challenges. Bring your friends! You could be our next weekly challenge winner!


Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Debbie's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Cheery Lynn Designs dies are on sale at Classy Cards 'n Such. Just enter CLD to get 40% off your order! Hurry in, they are going fast!

There are lots of new products, including new stamps and dies, in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop over the past week or so!  Be sure to check them all out here.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

Pin It

No comments: