Friday, May 30, 2014

Birthday Blooms

Hi, it's Misti sharing the card I made for this week's Happy Birthday challenge!

I don't know about you, but it seems like I go through more birthday cards than anything else especially this time of the year.  I made this card to send to my hubby's step mom.


I stamped the largest flower from Dahlia by Sparkle N Sprinkle onto my white panel. I stamped it again on another piece of white cardstock and cut it out.  I colored in both blooms with a red marker.  Then using some pieces of small Joy Foam Pads, I layered the image I cut out on top of the one stamped on the white panel. I didn't put it directly on top, but made it go in between the petals.  It looks a little fuller that way.

I layered that panel onto a piece of black cardstock from the Layering Swatches #2.

I took a piece of background paper from the Key to My Heart 12 x 12 paper pack and layered it onto a piece of Kraft cardstock. I taped my flower panel down and added a piece of Black/White polka dot ribbon. I made my cheater bow with a smaller piece of ribbon. I layered that onto a piece of black cardstock then onto my white base.

Last, I added some Wink of Stella to the top bloom to add a little sparkle. I hope you'll join us this week with a birthday creation.


What a lovely birthday card! Thanks Misti!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used. If you like Misti's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!

The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

   
Pin It

No comments: