Saturday, November 16, 2013

Spirit of Christmas

Hi, it's Misti!  I have had this set from Flourishes sitting on my desk since the day it arrived in the mail.




Supplies used:

Home for the Holidays stamp set by Flourishes
Dots embossing folder

I took a white piece of cardstock and used the Scor-Buddy on the background.  Then took a smaller strip and ran it through the Dots embossing folder.  I backed all of the white pieces with red cardstock and added the Red Satin String.

I had the idea to use some of the smaller images from the Home for the Holidays stamp set first, but it took me a few tries to get it even.  I found out it was easier for me to stamp the sentiment first and then stamp the pine bough above and below it.  I tried stamping the pine bough on the top and then the sentiment, but I didn't get it even.

Even though I knew I was going to use Cranberry Stickles, I still went ahead and water colored my image. I used the Tim Holtz Water Brush to apply Peeled Paint Distress Ink Marker and Barn Door Distress Ink Marker.

 I learned a long time ago to add the Stickles last. I know it's tempting to add them once the water coloring is dry, but it is way easier to wait to add the Stickles until the very end! 

Once everything was taped down, I added a thin layer of Cranberry Stickles to the areas that I water colored red.  It adds just a little sparkle!


Your card is so pretty! Thanks Misti!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.
There are lots of new products in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop over the past couple of weeks or so!   Be sure to check them all out here. 

Select Cheery Lynn dies are 
30% off
and are in the Clearance section!

Click here to see the current sale!!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

  

Pin It

No comments: