Friday, November 22, 2013

Razzleberry Poinsettias

Hi folks, it's Holly posting today!  Sometimes I like to change things up and do the unexpected.  Today I've created a Christmas card, but I've used non-traditional Christmas colors on this card.
  



Instead of the red and green combo, or a blue and white combo, I've gone way outside the box.  I've gone with a purple-ish color called Razzleberry, and I paired it with some grays and a pale pink and white.  I love how this combo turned out.  It's fun to come up with an idea in your head and then have the end result look better than you expected.  *grin*

I started with a Razzleberry card base and I added a sheet of the embossed gray paper from The Lake House 6.5" x 6.5" paper pad.  I die cut the Tiny Bubbles (Cheery Lynn Designs) from pale pink cardstock and then I backed it with a strip of the Razzleberry cardstock.  I glued this down on the left side of my card.

I then stamped the sentiment from Christmas Inner Thoughts (JustRite) on white cardstock, layered that on a dark gray cardstock, and adhered it to the card.

I die cut the poinsettias from the Poinsettia Strip (Cheery Lynn Designs) and picked out the ones I wanted to use.  I ended up using the smallest flower and the medium flower and I die cut extras so I could layer them.

I wanted a little extra magic to go with the sentiment on my card, so I smeared some Mercury Glass Stickles onto each poinsettia and smeared it around with my finger.  I let these dry completely before I glued the layers together.

The final touch was to add a Mother of Pearl Rhinestone to each of the poinsettias.

I have to tell you - I am in LOVE with this Mercury Glass Stickles.  That shine is just awesome!  This can go with any color and it will look fabulous.  I love the old-fashioned charm this gives to my non-traditional poinsettias.


A very pretty holiday card! Thanks Holly! 

Click any of the gold links above to purchase the products Holly used.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...

   
Pin It

No comments: