Sunday, February 10, 2013

Mexican Tile Frame


Hi Classy Friends!  It's Holly posting today and I've got a bright and funky card to share with you today.  I used some new products from the Classy Cards 'n Such store along with some well loved stamps, dies, and bling.


Mexican Tile Pattern frame die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Rose Leaf Strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Olive Branches die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Cutie Fringe II (Cheery Lynn Designs)

I cut the Mexican Tile frame first and then cut some white cardstock to fit the frame.  I stamped the butterfly and the sentiment inside the frame and colored the butterfly with Copic markers.  Next, I die cut some Rose Leaves and some Olive Branches and adhered them to opposite corners of my frame.  I then die cut the fringe flowers from yellow and orange cardstock and followed the instructions for rolling them up.  

To make the yellow flowers smaller than the orange one, I used scissors to give the fringe a trim around the edges.  Once I got them to the size I wanted, I glued all the fringe flowers down onto the frame.  The silver rhinestones fit perfectly inside the centers of the fringe flowers, so I used the handle of a small paintbrush to press the rhinestones down.

These new fringe flowers are the easiest ones I've ever tried to roll up.  I just use a little quilling tool and just roll and go.  It's easy to pull the petals down with your fingers and fluff them to make a perfect fringed flower.

Very colorful!  Thanks, Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info on the products Holly used.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

No comments: