Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Comfort and Joy

Hello, friends, Mindy with you this afternoon. Our challenge sample card for this week's challenge "Holly Days" add holly and/or poinsettias to your card.  I love poinsettias, especially making the dimensional ones from paper.


There is a really exquisite stamp set in the Classy Cards 'n Such online store, from Heartfelt Creations called Sparkling Poinsettia Candle, that has three small poinsettias at the base of the candle. I stamped the stamp on watercolor paper, and colored the entire image with watercolor and then glittered the melted wax portion with glitter. Using the Layered Poinsettia Flower from Spellbinders, die cut the smaller petals enough for three flowers. On my Paper Blossoms Molding Mat using my Paper Blossom Tool Kit, I shaped and molded, then adhered the layers of petals and centers to create the dimensional flowers that will be attached to the stamped image. 

To create the card background, I die cut the A2 Filigree Delight from Spellbinders from a Kraft colored stock. Then topped it with an oval cut from off white stock, using the oval die from the same A2 Filigree Delight die set.

I then fussy cut the candle image and glued it to the oval base using my favorite white glue, Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive. The sentiment that comes with the candle stamp was used to complete the card design.

I hope you have enjoyed my card, and will join our card challenge this week.


 
There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Current Challenge tab on the right side of the blog for all the details. Come and join the fun!


Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...










Pin It

No comments: