Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Spring Dogwood

I have always loved the dogwood tree, although it does not grow well where I live. Years ago, when I owned my own flower shop, I would purchase silk dogwood stems to add to my arrangements. I think I owned every beautiful color they came in, but in nature I have only seen the white/cream and pink flowers

Mindy here with my challenge card titled Spring Dogwood. I hope you enjoy it.


To begin my card, I stamped the Dogwood 3 stamp from Impression Obsession twice, on watercolor paper.  I wanted a very soft coloring of the dogwood flowers, so I colored the image with colored pencils. I then fussy cut one set of the blossoms, and shaped them with my  Susan's Garden Tool Kit, and adhered them with Joy! Foam Pads- small to the colored base image. I matted the stamped image with some of the Star Dream Rose Quartz Metallic Paper before adhering to the printed card base.

I then stamped a banner with a phrase from Just the Right Words, by Becca Feeken for JustRite Clear Stamps, to add to my card front

I also added a small bow and Sleek Strips Pearls- Le Creme from Want2Scrap.  I dabbled a few Liquid Pearls in the center of the flowers for texture and dimension.


We appreciate your sharing our cards and ideas on Facebook, Pinterest, Goggle+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found. The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





 
 
Pin It

No comments: