Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas Stockings

Hi, it's Jenny here with the card I designed for the new Night Before Christmas-Stockings Were Hung challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such.


I first cut the PoppyStamps Grand Madison Fireplace out of heavy white card stock. It was aged by adding Pumice Stone and Antique Linen distress ink over the embossed areas with my finger. The result looked a little too shabby, so I painted over the mantel with Picket Fence Distress Stain to even out the tones. It added a painted look to the mantel which was an added bonus. I popped it up using Joy! Foam Pads to add a 3D effect to the card.

I cut the Stocking Garland with red card stock, and then cut the tops using white card stock. I cut the white tops twice, stacked them to add dimension and then painted with a Viva Decor Cream Pearl Pen to add a little shimmer.

The Pine Garland was colored with green distress ink. The red pattered paper is from Bo Bunny, and was layered onto a piece of Kraft paper.

I added a small piece of dark brown card stock behind the fire, and a narrow strip of green at the bottom for the hearth. The Fireplace Logs and Warm and Cozy Fire were also colored with distress ink. I cut pieces of Joy! Foam Pads to also pop up the yellow and orange fire layers.

I cut the PoppyStamps Frozen Flakes border out of Kraft paper too.  It seemed to add too much contrast when I first tried it with white card stock.

Thanks for stopping by, and I can't wait to see your stocking creations!



Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





 

Pin It

No comments: