Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Birds and Butterflies

Hi folks, it's Holly today!  This week's challenge is to use birds and/or butterflies on your project.  I used both on my card today.


I decided to make a sweet little spring scene, so I started with a pale blue cardstock folded in half (A2 card size).

The sentiment, from the Stampavie Celebrate stamp set, was stamped with a darker blue ink in the bottom right corner.

Next, I die cut the Bare Branch with Kraft cardstock and adhered it to the left side of the card, making sure it didn't cover up the sentiment.

The sweet little Nestled Bird, from PoppyStamps, was cut from a darker blue cardstock and adhered to one of the branches.

For the flowers, I used the Flower Mound and two different colors of pink cardstock. Each flower was shaped with the stylus, from McGill's Paper Blossom Tool Kit, and the Paper Blossoms Craft Molding Mat, and then adhered the flowers to the Bare Branch. Next, I cut out the Leaf Clusters from pale green cardstock and cut each of the leaves apart.  I then glued the leaves next to the flowers.

In the centers of each flower, I squeezed some Ice White -Viva Decor Pearl Pen, and then I set it aside to dry. Once it was dry, I added some butterflies that were cut from white cardstock and the Memory Box Butterfly Delights.

Come play along in our challenge and show us what you can create with birds and/or butterflies. We'd love to see what you come up with!


Your card is so pretty and delicate! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Holly's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

 
Pin It

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Aw, your card reminds me of buds opening on trees in the Springtime. I love how clean and simple your card looks. It is just so pretty!