Thursday, March 1, 2012

Linda's Flower Challenge



Hello everyone!  It's Linda, back with a card for our second Classy Cards 'n Such challenge.  This challenge requires that we highlight any kind of flower on our card, so let me show you what I came up with.  


I started the card with a mat of Stardream Rose Quartz cardstock matted with a design paper from my collection.  These mats were adhered together with 1/2" Scor-Tape.  I topped the design paper with the new Cheery Lynn Designs French Lattice Small Frame cut from Cryogen white cardstock.  This new Cheery Lynn Design die adds a gorgeous element to your card front.  


I cut a Cheery Lynn Designs Fanciful Flourish from the  Stardream Rose Quartz cardstock  and layered it over the lattice work.  The small flowers on the Fanciful Flourish were made using the Cheery Lynn Designs Cuties #3.  I added a petal of the Rose Creations diecut to the bottom of the Cuties #3 for a little extra dimension.

I used the  Donna Salazar Rose Creations diecut from Spellbinders for the large flower focal point on the card.  I cut this from the  Rose Quartz cardstock  and used a Want2Scrap large pink pearl for the flower center.  The individual petals of the flower were shaped with the McGill Paper Blossoms Tool Kit along with the McGill Paper Blossoms Molding Mat.  If you don't have one of these tool kits, you really should get one.  It really works well when you are trying to add shape to your flowers.  Each layer of the flower was popped up on foam dots to add dimension. 


I added some green leaves cut with the Spellbinder Foliage diecut underneath the flower.  For a little extra bling, I added more Want2Scrap pearls to the opposite corners of the card.


We hope you will join us this week in our new Flower Challenge and upload your creations to the Classy Cards 'n Such Blog so that we all can all see them!




Thanks for a beautiful card, Linda!!  If you like Linda's card, why not leave a comment below??  I've taken the word verification off the comments so it should be easier.   However, I am moderating them as we were immediately hit with several spam comments.  I know that none of us want to deal with those!!


Click on the Current Challenge icon on the right sidebar to get all of the details of the current challenge.   You still have several days to enter!!


Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

6 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Linda, this is fabulous! So so pretty, great colors and die cuts. LOVE this!

Dawnll said...

I love that beautiful flower and the pink in your design
Just beautiful.
I found when I changed my settings and don't allow anonymous comments I don't get anymore spam or creepy comments
Thanks for sharing

AmyJRockstar said...

This is so beautiful! Love that gorgeous flower. It's just perfect! I'm a new follower (found you on Feline Playful) and can't wait to start joining the fun!

XO ~ Amy Jo (new follower)
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

Dr Sonia S V said...

So beautiful and delicate and the lattice work is gorgeous
Cheers from Bangalore, India
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Holly said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! Love that lattice and your beautiful pink flower!!

Barbara said...

I absolutely love this card, and I have this lattice die, so might pinch the idea, if no-one minds :) xx