Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chris' Sketch Challenge #3



Hi Friends!!! This is Chrissy D here today! Welcome!  Have you joined in on the NEW FUN challenges yet? Classy Cards 'n Such is hosting a sketch challenge this week. You can find out all of the information HERE. We would LOVE to have you join us!


On today's card, I used the Canadian Kaleidoscope Doily Cheery Lynn Die cut out in lavender cardstock. One trick I have found with using these FABULOUS Cheery Lynn dies is to use a Cuttlehug large plate. This helps for a cleaner cut and eliminates the need for extra paper shims. I also find I do not have to do so much detail poking out of all of those little clinkers that get caught in the paper. 


Once the die was cut out, I stamped the TOPSY TURVY CAKES stamp set by JustRite in black Ink on white storm card stock and colored with the following Copic inks: BG000, BG05, BG07, RV29, R000, R39, R32, Y15, Y11, V000, V25, V20, YG17, YG67, YG00. I used the Technique Junkie Newsletter and the Out of the Box technique to have the spacing fit where I wanted it to on the sketch.  


Once I completed that,  I stamped the small flowers and colored them too. I cut them out and added them to white cardstock in a small cluster and using a 1 3/8" and a 1 1/2" circle punch, I punched some layers and used Joy! Foam Pads to add a little dimension to my project and pop up the flowers. To finish off the card I added white pearls in three of the corners.





I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and take a look! Have a wonderful day!
Thanks, Chris, for a cute card!  Clicking the gold links above will take you to the product in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop.


Tim Holtz Distress Markers have still not arrived yet, so there is still time to get in on the pre-order pricing of only $97.99 (regular price $114.99)!  Click here to reserve your set now!


Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It