Monday, February 10, 2014

Adore

Hi, it's Diane today! It's time for another fun challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such.  I hope you can join us this week for Challenge #19 -  Sketch Challenge by Jenn Lowery. Jenn is on the design team for Classy Cards 'n Such, and she came up with this cute card for the challenge.


For my project today, I took one look at the sketch and knew right away I wanted to use the Spellbinders cute Heart Circles die for my focal point to add my flowers to.


I used Cheery Lynn Designs Gardenia Strip to make my flowers. The color was added using the Permanent Red from the Susan's Garden PanPastels Flower Coloring Kit. The PanPastels go on so smoothly, and depending on the pressure you use, you can get the light to dark tones on your flower. To apply the color, I used PanPastels Sofft Covers Point No. 4 with a quick, soft sweep on the petals.  


All the petals were conditioned with a stylus from Paper Blossom Tool Kit 4/pkg by McGill. The leaves underneath were cut with Cheery Lynn Designs Judy's Blooms  and water colored with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Marker Peeled Paint.

The panel on the side is Cheery Lynn Designs is the Mesh Border cut from Kaisercraft 12 x 12 paper Key to My Heart.

The sentiment Adore is from JustRite stamp set Just the Right Words. I finished my card by rounding off the two right corners for a softer look.

This was a fun sketch and I can't wait to see what YOU create.


Your card and flowers are gorgeous! Thanks Diane! 

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

We invite you to the Sketch by Jenn challenge. It ends Saturday, February 15th. You just might be the winner!!

If you like Diane's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

 
Pin It

No comments: