Monday, May 13, 2013

Honeybees in a Frame


Hi, it's Holly posting today.  Have you seen the great new Memory Box dies in the store lately?  I ordered these as soon as I saw them, and I am in love with these new frames.  I think I'm going to have to pick up a few more - they are just gorgeous!


I started this card by die cutting the new Honey Blossom Frame from green paper.  I cut it again with a soft yellow paper and cut out the flowers and glued them on top of the green ones.  It's a little time consuming but so easy and the results are so pretty.  I then cut some white paper with the Debutante Frame die and sponged it with blue ink around a scratch paper Classic Scallop Oval (Spellbinders) die cut.  This is how I created my cloudy sky background.  Some glue was lightly applied around the back of the frame and I pressed it onto my cloudy background piece.

Next, I die cut the fun Honey Bee Skep (beehive) from soft yellow paper.  To give this some realism, I sponged some saffron ink around the edges and then I took a marker and colored in all the horizontal grooves.  The little door was colored with a dark brown marker and then taped in place on the backside.  This beehive was affixed to the card with some Joy Foam Pads (small).

The Jolly Bumblebees were cut twice - once from dark brown paper and once from soft yellow paper.  I then glued the appropriate pieces to the bodies and glued them down onto my card.  The last thing I did was stamp the sentiment from Anytime Sentiments (Impression Obsession) with dark brown ink onto the lower right corner of my cloudy background.  

These frames are perfectly sized for a regular A2 card.  The Debutante die goes with all of these larger frames, such as Honey Blossom Frame and Twirling Vine Frame.  These are in the store now with more to come.
Great job, Holly!  Thanks!!

Click any of the gold links above to purchase any of the wonderful products Holly used.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Great job Holly! I like how you added the clouds using the scallop oval, great idea. The whole project really came together quite nicely.