Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Crinoline Daisy and Hexagons

Hi Classy folks!  It's Holly posting today, and I've been playing with some of the new paper pads and a Distress Stain ink color.  You should see my fingers - hot pink!  LOL


My card today starts with a white card base and I added a layer of the pretty soft blue paper from the Secret Garden 6x6 paper pad.  I stamped the sentiment from the Anytime Sentiments set (Impression Obsession) with some brown ink at the bottom of the blue paper.  I set this aside and worked on the hexagon layer.

For this hexagon layer, I adhered a piece of Kraft cardstock to a slightly larger layer of white cardstock.  I then used the Honeycomb die (Cheery Lynn Designs) and cut some white cardstock, some more of the soft blue paper from the Secret Garden pad, and two papers (pink and green) from the new Prairie Chic 6x6 paper pad.  

I trimmed the white honeycomb frame down with scissors so I would just have three "rows" of hexagons and I glued this down onto my Kraft cardstock piece.  I then adhered the green, pink and blue die cut papers into each of the hexagon rows.  Some pale pink ribbon was wrapped around the bottom of this hexagon layer and I used the Bow Easy tool to make a double looped bow.  

For the pink flower, I pulled out the Daisy Strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs) and die cut some crinoline-type fabric.  It cuts beautifully!  The fabric was white, so I pulled out the Picked Raspberry Distress Stain and dabbed it all over the daisy pieces.  Once the fabric daisies were dry, I stacked them up and pushed a silver brad through the center and then affixed this to the top of my double looped bow.  I used my fingers to fluff up the petals, which sort of distressed them a little bit.  Perfect for a country-ish card!  

Don't be afraid to use your Cheery Lynn Designs dies to cut fabric as well as paper.  Experiment with different kinds of fabric and have fun!  
Cute card, Holly!

Click any of the gold links above to see the products Holly used on her card.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

No comments: