Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Love Deepens

Hello... It's Jennipher with another card for Classy Cards 'n Such. There is nothing that gives me more pleasure than creating a card to tell someone just how much they mean to me. This card clearly does that and it was tons of fun to make!


I started my card with a base of Esse Smooth Pearlized Cocoa cardstock. I distressed the edges of the red polka dot patterned paper from Glitz Designs Happy Travels paper pad. Once the edges were distressed to my satisfaction, I inked them with Pumice Stone Distress Ink. I used the same technique on the red floral patterned paper also from the Happy Travels paper pad and adhered it to a square of red cardstock.


Next, using my Spellbinders Lacey Ovals Die, I cut out a Champagne Reich Shine oval. To this oval, I added the Lacey Ovals Nestabling in Moss Pearl. I have to stop here and tell you a little secret... I've had that Nestabling for awhile but was terrified of using it! I just knew that it would end up being one big sticky mess. Well, I must tell you how wrong I was! It went on like a dream, shaky hands and all. It never lost it's shape or get stuck together like bling I've worked with in the past. If you have not tried Nestabling, you must!


Once I had the Nestabling positioned like I wanted it, I cut out another Lacey Oval and stamped my sentiment on it. Using a sponge tool, I lightly sponged Pumice Stone Distress Ink to the edges of the oval.


For a finishing touch, I added a Prima Calcutta Mini in Seashell. These fabric flowers are such a delight and a new favorite of mine.


Everything on my card (with the exception of the red cardstock and sentiment) can be found in the Classy Cards 'n Such online store. You simply must give some of them a try. What am I saying? You have to try them all!


Supplies:


Thanks, Jennipher!   I love your card!!!  Leave Jenn a comment below if you like it too!!  The gold links above will take you to the products in the store.

Have you seen the tutorials from Tim Holtz in the right side bar of this blog?   Just click on the Distress Ink Markers and see how he works his magic with these wonderful pens!

And...we now have not one, but TWO very affordable ways to collect these markers!  All of the markers are now available individually in the Classy Cards shop!   And best of all, they are only $2.99 each!!  Click here to go to the individual marker section.

Or...you can join our Distress Ink Marker Club and get the markers in packages of six markers each until you have collected the entire set!   Details are here!

Or...you can get the entire set and storage canister!  

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

No comments: