Sunday, November 20, 2011

Peace on Earth

Sarah is back with a beautiful Christmas card!
 
Hello again and Happy Thanksgiving!!

There are only a few days left to accomplish all we need to get done prior to sitting down at the table to give thanks - and to stuff ourselves full of all the special foods we take so much time to prepare! So I decided this would be the perfect time to make a Christmas card. Better yet - a fairly simple and easy one, so as to save precious time that we all seem to need more of this time of year! 

I started out with a 5 3/4"x12" piece of textured green card stock, and folded it in half so that it is a tad taller (6") than wide (5 3/4"). I layered a red piece of card stock on top of the green, followed by a layer of brushed gold card stock. I wrapped a piece of green satin ribbon around the top two layers in the middle. Then I cut out my beautiful "wreath" using the awesome English Tea Party doily die from Cheery Lynn Designs. This was my first time using this die, and I just fell in love with it! The detail in it is amazing- and it cut out so beautifully!
 
I then added a circle of caramel colored card stock in the center to put my floral sticker on, and then just added a circle of Nestabling Petite Scalloped Circle gold rhinestones for bling! You just peel the whole circle off and stick it down - so quick and easy without having to try to space each rhinestone evenly. I just love all the Nestabling rhinestones and pearls!

For my sentiment I used the Spellbinders Fancy Tags dies and stamped onto an oval piece of gold card stock in black ink. And for a couple of little finishing touches I tied a bow using the Bow Easy tool (so great!) to add to the top of the wreath, and put a few little dew drops in two corners. 
Sarah Bennett
http://my-little-somethings.blogspot.com/

So now that I have my first Christmas card done - and it was so quick and easy - I am feeling a bit better about all that I have ahead of me yet to accomplish ;-)

With wishes for a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving,

Sarah 
 

Thanks, Sarah!!
 
Now is a great time to join the Classy Cards 'n Such Yahoo group here for exclusive weekly discounts!  Who doesn't need discounts during the holidays???
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...
 
 
Pin It

No comments: