Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cameo Card

Here's another wonderful card from Sarah!
 
I am back again with another card made with wonderful things from Classy Cards 'n Such

This card was a lot of fun to make, as there are several really great embellishments on there. I just love embellishments! :-)

I started with a base layer of card stock and stamped it with a cheesecloth stamp in black archival ink.  Over that I put a layer of speckled ivory card stock which I roughed up and distressed. I followed it with a layer of black card stock just enough for a narrow border.
 
Then on went the beautiful patterned paper from the Webster's Pages collection Spring Market/Yacht Club/Country Estate pack . I wrapped two layers of wonderful lace ribbon around the top two papers. I love how the Ecru Delight Lace looks on top of the Black Elegance Lace! NOTE: These lace ribbons look so great in person, and the best part: the ecru lace is only 50 cents per yard, and the black lace is just 75 cents per yard! I only used a total of about 12 inches of each for this card. Seriously, I absolutely love these laces and will be stocking up on more. You just can't beat their value or elegance! :-)

As you can see, this Webster's Pages paper has some really cool images on it. I love the vintage-y feel to them! I knew when I chose this one that I wanted to make sure those cool birds did not go to waste or be covered up. And when I thought of using a stamped cameo image, the tag from the Spellbinders Fancy Tags Three die set came to mind to use as a frame. I love the Victorian look of these tags! And when I placed it under the birds I just loved it, and knew right away that the pearls would be my next addition.
 
I put a Prima flower in the corner, and then stamped the scripture in black archival ink. There were so many different sentiments I could have chosen from to make this a card for many different occasions: birthday, thank you, thinking of you, missing you... that's what I love about these papers: you can use them for almost anything depending on your mood or the occasion. 
 
 
Sarah Bennetthttp://my-little-somethings.blogspot.com/

Thanks for taking a look at my latest creation for Classy Cards 'n Such. I'll be back with another one soon!
 

Thanks, Sarah!!  All of the above linked items can be found in the Classy Cards 'n Such online shop.   Take a look!
 
Between now and December 31st, every $50 in products purchased in a single order - after all discounts and before postage is added - will earn you $5.00 in store credit.   Full details here.

All of the current discounts can be seen here.  There are some great deals to be had, so grab them now!
 
Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...
 
 
Pin It

1 comment:

Jennipher said...

Sarah, I just love what you did with that lace. This turned out beautiful.