Monday, July 8, 2013

Shasta Daisy Banner Card

Hey, it's Holly posting today.  Remember the Brown Snowflake Christmas card I made the other day?  The doily I used on that card was cut down to fit on the center panel, and I saved the other piece of that doily.  Rather than throw it away, I fiddled around with this card and managed to fit that little piece of doily on here.  :-)




See how I wiggled that scrap of doily underneath the flower?  That just goes to show you - never throw anything away!!  More times than not, you'll make something cute out of it.  The products I've used on this card are:

French Pastry Doily die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Shasta Daisy strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs)

I found this kraft cardstock in my stash - it had already been stamped for another project and I never used it.  It was just so perfect with these country papers that I decided to go ahead and layer my paper strips on this kraft card base.  So I cut various papers from both of the 6x6 paper pads and used scissors to cut the v-notches at the bottom.  I glued these down to my card base in a random pattern.  The doily piece was glued right at the top of the paper strips.  

A small strip of brown cardstock was paper pierced and then a white gel pen was used to give the Faux Stitching look to the piece.  I die cut the Shasta Daisy strip with dark orange cardstock and attached all the layers together with a vanilla brad.  The petals were fluffed up and curled over using my fingers and then adhered to the top of the card.


I hope you've enjoyed my cute country card today!  Have a great week!
Cute card, Holly!  Be sure to visit the gold links above to see the products Holly used.
Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

No comments: