Sunday, November 11, 2012

Christmas Stained Glass Window

Hi, it's Holly posting today.  I've created this glittery stained glass window card to share with you.  The products from Classy Cards 'n Such that I've used on this card are:

Embellishment #2 die set (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Wreath Strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs)


I started by embossing the Brick pattern onto my white card base, and then I swiped a pale gray ink over the "grout."  I cut out the Gothic window and the Luminary window from white cardstock and adhered the Luminary window inside the Gothic window.  I hand-cut a piece of clear acetate to fit the window and carefully glued it to the back of the window die.  I then used the Stained Glass Stickles Technique from Technique Junkies to achieve the glittery red and clear areas in my window.

Once the glittery window was dry, I adhered it to my card base.  Then I die cut the Wreath Strips from olive cardstock and affixed them to the bottom of the window.  The three little white flowers are from the Embellishment #2 die set, and I added a little dab of Yellow Viva Decor Pearl to the center of each flower.  Once the yellow pearls were dry, I glued them onto the greenery at the bottom of the window.

I love the pop of red and green color against this mostly white card.  This card is intended to be a Christmas card, but you could use it for anything.  Just change the colors to suit your theme, and you have a wide variety of cards you can make from these awesome window dies!  
Classy Cards has a wide variety of window styles available along with flower boxes, shutters and doors.   You can see them all here.  Thanks for such a beautiful card, Holly!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

1 comment:

Karen said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.