Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pia with Roses

Before I share my card with you, I have exciting news!   Classy Cards has a brand new newsletter format!  Both of our other newsletters - Yahoo and the website newsletter -  are gone, so please be sure to sign up for the new one under the pink envelope and pencil on the left side of the blog!
Cheery Lynn's July Christmas release is available for PRE-ORDER and has been shipped!   Click here to see all of the Cheery Lynn Christmas designs.


Classy Cards now carries Memory Box dies and there are several new Impression Obsession stamps in the shop and a couple of dies, too!   More info on our Weekly Deals page here!
Some friends and I get together once a month to swap cards, learn a technique and share a challenge card.  When we met in June, our challenge hostess gave us each a small package with Pia stamped on white cardstock, some beautiful lavender cardstock, a length of really pretty multi-colored ribbon, a shorter length of lace with cute little bows, and four green pearls.  We could add anything to our card, but we had to use everything in the package.


I cut my card base from Pearlized Esse White Metallic.  I colored Pia with Copics and cut the image with an oval die.   I sponged a little Old Paper ink around the edges of the oval while it was still in the die.  I cut a Swedish Spring Oval out of the lavender cardstock for the second layer.   I used Rose Quartz for the Small French Lattice which I layered on lavender cardstock.


I wove the multi-colored ribbon and lace with bows through the bottom of the French Lattice before I adhered it.   


I used the Miniature Rose die for the lavender flowers at Pia's feet and Olive Branches for foliage from Emerald cardstock.

I cut the miniature roses from the lavender cardstock and used four for each blossom.   On each one, I used one of the styluses from the McGill Paper Blossoms Paper Tool Kit to soften the fibers in the cardstock.   Be sure to mold the flowers where the right side will show on each bloom.  I bent the innermost layer tightly inward with my fingers and then applied a touch of clear-drying glue to each petal so they would remain in a tight bud.   I then layered the other petals, leaving each a little more loose than the last and glued them together in the center.   I found that using my Tweezer Bee made handling of these small flowers much easier!  I placed them on top of the Olive Branches to complete my bouquet.   The final touch was adding the green pearls.






I hope you have enjoyed my little Pia!   She was fun to make and will go to someone special!!


Click on the gold links above for more info.  


Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...





Pin It

1 comment:

Holly said...

Awwwww absolutely darling!! I love the beautiful purple flowers!