Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Christmas in July!


Hi folks!  It's Holly posting today, and I thought I'd get started on some Christmas cards.  :-)
For this card, I went with a wintery Christmas lights scene.  I started out by sponging some Stormy Sky distress ink on white cardstock, and then I sponged some Chipped Sapphire distress ink around the edges.  The falling snow is created by using a white gel pen and just adding dots here and there.  You could also use the White Picket Fence distress ink marker to create the dots of snow.
I cut out some snow drifts with my scissors and sponged the very top edges with Chipped Sapphire distress ink.  I adhered the larger snow drift to the falling snow background, then added a Victorian Picket Fence over that.  The Christmas Lights Swag was die cut from black cardstock and red cardstock and added to the fence.  I wanted a little bit of greenery, so I die cut some Holly Lace Flourishes, snipped the leaves, and glued the leaves down on the fence.  I added some Red Rhinestones to the cluster of holly leaves in the center of the fence.  To give my fence the look of real snow falling on it, I used the Distress Fuzz technique from Technique Junkies and added pieces here and there.  A smaller snow drift was glued over the base of the fence and I used some word stickers at the bottom for a Christmas sentiment. 


Have you started on your Christmas cards yet?  Pick up some of these dies and have fun creating your own winter and Christmas scenes!  


Cheery Lynn is having a "small" Christmas release in mid-July, so stay tuned!   I haven't seen the new dies yet either but I'll keep you posted!!

Meanwhile, it's a great time to enter our Outline Sticker Challenge and take advantage of this week's sale!!

Clicking on any of the gold links above will take you to more info.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...




Pin It

No comments: