Friday, December 9, 2011

Red & White Christmas

First...here's Linda's new Christmas card!
I know I'm a little behind this year, but I'm still making some last minute Christmas cards.  This one is actually quite easy to make.  For the first layer, I layered the Esse Pearlized white paper with some shiny red paper from my collection.
On the second layer, I used the Crafts Too! Dots Embossing folder to add a little interest.  The hanging ornament is from the 2010 Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments set.  I love the way this looks when you use the shiny Textured Patterns 1 Foil Paper.
I added the bow using ribbon I had in my stash.  The sentiment is layered on a Fancy Tags Two which was also cut  from the Textured Patterns 1 Foil Paper.  I added some red rhinestones from Want2Scrap.  I probably should also mention that in order to give the ornament and tag some stability, I first cut one out of regular cardstock and used Scor-Tape to adhere those to the foil. 
Red & White Christmas
Hope this gives you another idea for your last minute cards!


Lots going on this week in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop!
Click on the links above (sorry about the formatting!  Blogger is not cooperating at the moment) for more info on each one or click here for info on all.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...

Pin It

1 comment:

Sarah Bennett said...

Linda, this card is so pretty! I love the elegance of it with it just being red and white and the simplicity of this layout. The red shiny paper is gorgeous- thanks for the tip about double layering it! The dry embossed dotted background is perfect for this card- it adds just the right touch and amount of texture. Beautiful card!!