Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Poinsettia Wreath

Hello friends, it's Jenny posting today.  I loved the beautiful inspiration photo this week and I had to try my version of the wreath and this is the result.  I hope you can join in our challenge, the prize is one of my favorite Christmas dies!


I started this project by cutting my Kraft card stock using the Impression Obsession Rectangles 6-in-1 Frame.  It makes such beautiful little layers and the die is all one piece so there's no possibility of loosing pieces. Even though the Kraft rectangles were so detailed I felt that the background needed a bit of something more.  I added a piece of Authentique Tradition paper, and a piece of red card stock, that I then cut the center out of using a Spellbinders die from the A2 Matting Basics A set.

I created the wreath by cutting out the twig portion of the Impression Obsession Twig Wreath die, with Kraft card stock, and then sponging distress ink to darken the color a little.  I cut the pine needles which are also part of the Twig Wreath set from green card stock, and then sponged distress ink on them to give a more natural appearance.

The Impression Obsession Large Bow was cut both from white and red card stock, and layered to add dimension and depth. I coated the white bow with glue and sprinkled it with glitter so it really shines.

The Small Blooming Poinsettia by PoppyStamps were cut from red card stock and layered and glued together. They were finished with Baby Pearls - White added to the centers.

Thanks for visiting today, and don't forget to enter the challenge this week!


Classy Cards 'n Such online store has added new products. Click here to find all the new items that have been added!

If there is something you can't find in the store, you can click here to email the store. We have fantastic customer service and shipping. 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





 

Pin It

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

Beautifucl card. I love the wreath with the poinsettias.