Thursday, November 20, 2014

Christmas Blooms

Hi Classy Friends!! Diane here with you today on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog.

Our challenge this week is all about Christmas Blooms. You can get very creative with this one by using Poinsettias, Wreaths, Pine Cones, Greens, etc! Doesn't it sound like fun? Well, I have to say it was! I had so much fun putting this card together using some wonderful products from the Classy Cards 'n Such store!


I decided to make a shaped card and first started with just plain white card stock. I scored it and folded it in half, then offset the die at the top so it would not cut all the way through, allowing my card to open and close.

I used the largest of the Spellbinders 2011 Heirloom Ornaments die to achieve this. Using the same die, I cut out another full size ornament from Pearlized Esse White Metallic paper, and added it to the front of my card. 

To decorate my ornament I cut a Memory Box Plush Poinsettia Corner twice. One from the red, and one from the green Foil Paper Textured  assortment. I glued each Poinsettia petal down using Art Institute Clear Adhesive.

To finish, I added White Pearls and a shimmery bow. I also completed the inside of my card with a sentiment from JustRite Christmas Inner Thoughts stamp set.


I hope you enjoyed my card and I invite you to join in our weekly challenge. You can always find our current challenge by clicking on the challenge tab on the right side of the blog!


There are new PoppyStamps dies in the shop this week along with lots of other new additions!   You can see everything here.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







Pin It

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful and unique. Love your ornament card.

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous card!! The ornament shape is beautiful and the flowers are so pretty!! Love this!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts